SEER*Stat Learning Institute at APHA 2013
- LI1004.0: SEER*Stat - A Software Tool for Studying the Impact of Cancer on a Population – Day 1 – Basic Information
- LI2004.0: SEER*Stat - A Software Tool for Studying the Impact of Cancer on a Population – Day 2 – Advanced Information
A short course offered by the Learning Institute of the 141st Annual Meeting of the American Public Health Association.
Pre-Convention LI Fee: $400
Save the Date:
- Saturday, November 2, 2013; 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Sunday, November 3, 2013; 8:00am - 5:30pm.
Boston Convention and Exposition Center
415 Summer Street
NCI experts will demonstrate how to use the SEER*Stat statistical software to analyze cancer surveillance data. Data produced by SEER*Stat are used to: (1) conduct cancer prevention and control studies; (2) conduct research in health disparities; (3) prioritize cancer control efforts; and (4) monitor progress, for the purpose of reducing the burden of cancer on the US population.
The course will:
- introduce basic and advanced statistical topics in the analysis of cancer registry data;
- provide an overview of the Health Disparities Calculator (HD*Calc) and eleven health disparities measures;
- cover case listings, frequencies, rates, and county attributes handled within the software;
- allow participants to examine trends in rates using the SEER*Stat and Joinpoint software; and
- allow participants to calculate trend analysis, prevalence, survival, and multiple-primary standardized incidence ratio statistics.
Steve Scoppa, Donald Green, Martin Krapcho – Senior Systems Analysts, Information Management Services.
Presented by NCI's Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program.
How to Register
The APHA 2013 Annual Meeting and Learning Institute registration opens June 3.
Last Modified: 03 Sep 2013